The importance of language in communication
Are you planning to establish a global company? What is the first step? Language is the ideal starting point, and we would like to introduce to you several steps that will help you and your company to be global from a linguistic perspective.
Over 70% of the world’s purchasing power is outside the United States, according to the International Trade Administration.
There are more than 6000 languages in the world and it may seem difficult, but the professional translation agencies make this multilingual market a small world in which the communication became more easily. We will make your communication with the public more easy and accurate through the translation services provided by our agency, regardless of whatever language is used.
Language services in global markets
Why do we discuss the relationship between language and global markets? Regardless of the fact that we are a translation agency, language is the way to communicate and convey ideas, products, services, and messages. We cannot make friends, do business, ask for help, or help others without a language.
Cultures and thought processes depend on the language. For example, some languages have gendered nouns, and some don’t and others contain formal and informal expressions. Each language uses alphabet letters different from others and there are languages that start with the right when writing and others start with left. Hence, the knowledge of these elements, the differences between them and how to work correctly with these elements requires a company with extensive translation experience.
If you plan to work in international markets, you must have a great understanding of languages, and cultures in the new market while you are working in global markets. You can achieve this through communication content and channels.
How to promote your products in global markets? Here are some tips?
The first step to access to globalization is the ability to communicate in multiple languages. Therefore, we tell you some points that must be taken into consideration before working in international markets:
• create multilingual content in the product marketing plan and then translate it early as translation takes time and requires many reviews.
• Create an inventory, select the things that you may need in order to display your content, such as: website content, marketing materials, translation of visual content, translation of instructions and legal contracts.
• Choose your audience carefully and set enough time to know and understand them. Read more about this topic in the articles below.
· The Importance of Knowing Your Audience in the Translation Process
· Website Translation and Localization I: Establishing Your Audience
• Be careful when choosing the language that you will use when displaying your content in any other international market. For example, if you need to provide content in Spanish or French. If you need to provide content translated into Spanish, which areas will the content be provided to? Spain, Latin America, or both?! This will help you to choose the appropriate language.
• Choose professional translators. Determine who can provide translation and interpretation services accurately and professionally, especially those equipped with a team of professional and linguistic translators with expertise. And do not choose the cheapest services because they are not a good alternative to the quality of the translation.
• Do not use poor quality services to save money, develop your content, use good translation services for higher quality, and assign an experienced translator and language reviewer to review your multilingual content at least twice.
• Review the translation again after it is published.
• Convey all changes to the target language to match the original one. So, it is important to translate the hidden meaning in SL.
• Consider all details on the package, such as instructions, signs, and so on, because all of these details are important.
• Find dictionaries and translation memories. There are many CAT tools (Computer Aided Translation) machine translation programs available on the market that should be used to develop and raise the quality of your content.
• Create a guide for your company and brand and ensure that it fits with the languages and cultures included in your plan.
We have tackled these topics before in our translation services blog.
Translation Glossaries and Terminology Management: Impact in the Translation Process
We focus again the need to devote enough time to planning, defining language translation requirements and engaging with a reliable partner. You will need support in translation services and the sources you will use and make many choices to suit your community.
Reasons for taking your business global.
Globalization widen your market.
• Extending your customer base from other countries and languages, will reduce your company’s reliance on the changing economy of one country.
•International trade increases your relationships. Actually, translating your business documents into the language of the market can help you work in a correct way. When you speak and work with the language of the market in which your business and products are promoted. This helps you to make friends quickly, develop your relationships with other business owners, and find the resources that suit you in the region in which you work.
• International trade improves your company’s brand and increases your knowledge of consumer desires and behavior. Translating your company’s websites enables you to sell into international market, also will help you study your competitors, local needs, culture and values, and your company will be more attractive in the new market.
You must be aware of the importance of SEO, use the vocabularies suitable for the language and region to improve the company image, and think about the possibility of using the same local marketing elements to develop the international e-market.
What is the first step?
Before you start choosing the language to translate your business, try to answer the following questions about the new market: What are the target regions? What is the percentage of using the internet in it? How much does the market accommodate your business? How easy is it to market your business there as a foreigner? What are the requirements of local government? What are the services that you can provide to the market? Consider logistics such as your ability to ship to certain geographical areas Are your products legally licensed, and required in that market or region? In addition to the importance of the financial and legal aspect. You should analyze your resources and the various ways to invest and publish. Start with one or several regions, taking into account local support, local staff and financial liquidity.
You may find yourself facing barriers other than language, so a thorough study of the market and financial needs is required before starting work.
How to provide appropriate content to the target region?
As we said, language is the way that ideas are conveyed. It is important to make sure that ideas are conveyed clearly and that the correct method is used to transfer them to the target culture. Apply your content globally with different languages and execute it carefully. Here are some examples of successful and unsuccessful International Marketing and Localization:
_Tesco, a British multinational groceries and general merchandise retailer and it is the third-largest retailer in the world. Tesco marketed the well-known product (Pringles) flavored with pork during the month of Ramadan of 2005 and used the phrase (Ramadan Mubarak) on the packaging of chips. The company was unaware that Islamic law prohibited eating pork. So, Tesco deleted the marketing offer after she was criticized for the mistake she made on the social media site (Twitter).
_In 2014 (Cadillac) released a commercial ad that is still available until now on some websites. The ad was referring to the Americans and praising them as the most hard-working and fast people who deserve this modern version of Cadillac while others work in a passive and slack manner, which makes them not worth it. The overwhelming reaction was to ridicule rather than anger and Ford seized the opportunity to make its own announcement praising the importance of solidarity and human communication.
Red Bull, an Austrian company created in 1987. Red Bull has the highest market share of any energy drink in the world. Red Bull hosts sporting events and shares them with the public. Those events like: windsurfing in South Africa to cycling and surfing on the French Riviera. The Red Bull events are of great interest to people who like sporting events and energy drinks.
To follow the method Red Bull uses, get to know the community and connect with its members. Show your commitment and communicate with them in the correct language and don’t forget to respect their culture.
When you arabize a product or service in another region, you must consider some necessary things such as: language, culture, what they eat and do not eat, the colors they prefer, the symbolism of each of those colors, their values, what is prohibited for them. Therefore, you need to deal with a translation agency that takes into account all of things that aforementioned.
Global Commerce Services at Home
Finally, global trade is not just business, but a huge thinking pattern. When you intend to work globally, internationally, multiculturally, and multilingually all the time, you will a achieve a prosper goodwill for your company and to enhance your visibility.
The professional translation agency will help you in all aspects, not only in providing the languages you need, but in learning about the cultures and values that exist in the new societies you deal with. The language service affects every part of your business in global international markets, from finance to e-commerce and marketing.
Contact us, and we promise you with efficiency, quality and accuracy and we provide all of translation services, from legal translation to interpretation over the phone.